4/27/13

17/52

"A portrait of my child, once a week, every week, in 2013."


the 52 project: 17/52.

[52 project participants who inspired me last week: maxabella loves, you me and lucy, fields of sage, mummy karmaone claire day, and of course Che and Fidel]

///

Grace and I spent another week primarily outdoors as we finally reached Spring's seasonal sweet spot here in Vancouver (four days of bluebird skies and warm afternoons, although as I write this the rain is coming down - hard). Monday evening we took a post-dinner family stroll through Queen Elizabeth Park, a former quarry and the highest point in the city (offering stunning views in addition to a safe place for one's almost two year old to run free through the grass). As I reflect on the 52 project at the seventeen week mark it's nice to see that so many of Grace's portraits have been taken outside. I think we're doing a fairly good job of getting our city dwelling babe out and into nature, however there's always room for improvement. Beginning May 1st we will join Canadians across the country in the 30x30 Nature Challenge and pledge to get outdoors for 30 minutes a day on each of the 30 days in May - bring on the pop-up picnics!

Exuberance over going "un-er" the trees, watching Grace enjoy the thrill of the chase with Daddy, an almost full moon, reflective pauses - these are a few of the things I will remember about this lovely evening at Queen Elizabeth Park. 


Chase me... 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos that are full of Spring and joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie - thank you! Now that Spring is here I can hardly remember the long, dark days we had to endure - in my mind it's been blooming and bright for always. Just took a peek at your blog - love the mood (spunky) and am looking forward to a more in depth read!

      Delete
  2. These are beautiful photos of your little girl! Love the light! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melody! Loving your pics of Thailand :) xx

      Delete