6/29/13

26/52

"A portrait of my child, once a week, every week, in 2013."


the 52 project: 26/52.

[52 project participants who inspired me last week: Little Beds, last day of may, bleubird vintage, this whole family, and of course Che and Fidel]

//

"Nature is magic."

A small but mighty sentiment, as expressed by master painter Robert Bateman in a recent address at Royal Roads University in Victoria, B.C. (excerpt from his address found in today's issue of The Tyee). In his address Bateman offers several pieces of advice, including:



don't worry, it makes no sense // procrastinate about worrying // fall in love with nature, gratitude is a good idea // 
never, ever harbour resentment // beauty matters // lucky you - we are lucky to be able to do work, 
say "how wonderful!" when facing a sink full of dishes



The article has inspired me to think about the kinds of thoughts that are useful to my well-being and that of my family, and made me want to say thanks to a dandelion right now! Definitely worth a read






Thanks, nature. 

3 comments:

  1. Your daughter is beautiful! She looks like she loves exploring the world around her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magic is right! Love seeing littles explore the world around them. You've done a wonderful job capturing it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has to be my favourite of the week! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete