3/12/13

creative editing: vintage grace

Gracie reads "Goodnight Moon" upon waking from her afternoon nap. 

"Goodnight room. Goodnight moon. Goodnight cow jumping over the moon. Goodnight light, and the red balloon..." // Margaret Wise Brown (1947)

This week marks the last of the sessions in the photography course I'm taking, titled "Eyes Open Creative Photography". It's been incredibly lovely to share ideas and draw inspiration from both the instructor and fellow participants, nurturing the artist hiding within. Creative editing is the topic for this week, and while I am still refining my understanding of the technical aspects of photography, I'm quite keen to add a creative element to the images I make - to transform my photos such that they represent my unique way of seeing. Hopefully I've grown as a photographer through this course...

///

I spent some time in post production with these images, creating a slight vintage feel, to go along with Gracie's reading of "Goodnight Moon", a classic in children's literature in North America.


Gracie reacting to "Goodnight Moon." I think she likes it.